- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 09/23/2022
- Website: www.possiblefinance.com
- Company Address: 2231 1st Ave, Suite B, Seattle, Washington 98121, US
About Possible FinancePossible Finance
Creating financial fairness with personal loans.
As the first Data Architect at Possible, you will be responsible for designing, enhancing, building, and maintaining our data management systems. You will build and enhance the data management system to support the next phase of growth at Possible. We are looking for a self-starter, who can lead, and who is passionate about data to solve business problems. This role reports directly to the Head of Data Science and Machine Learning.
You have a passion for a high level of teamwork and engineering caliber as you work multi-functionally to answer key strategic questions and drive architecture decisions that will help Possible achieve the growth ahead. This role requires a person who is comfortable collaborating across the organization (Software, Data, Analysts, Marketing, Credit Risk, Finance, and Product teams) to construct sophisticated data sources for algorithms and machine learning models. Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling & standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the company. And build, analyze and present actionable data and build real-time streaming from internal and external sources to provide insights into the business.
The successful applicant wants to lead the design and development of end-to-end data pipelines and workflows. One who will create engineering solutions to aggregate and automate large-scale data flows from varying sources with the result of improving data quality by using & improving internal tools to automatically detect issues. This includes; reviewing and analyzing existing data systems, including our automated data pipelines and data lake in the cloud from a data security and integration perspective.
You will need to explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency. Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers. Understand and influence logging to support our data flow, architecting logging best practices where needed. And design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience as a Data Architect or Senior Data Engineer and a Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Math or Physics, or equivalent experiences.
- Deep knowledge of software engineering standard methodologies across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals, distributed systems, batch and streaming data architectures and data storage principles. Strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EML, Glue, Athena or similar solutions built around Hive/Spark etc.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other specialists for best practices on data engineering. And the ability to solve problems across multiple teams.
- Excellence in coding including proficiency in Python, SQL or other similar languages.
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, FinTech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We're committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for crafting positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Work Environment:
Possible Finance values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels is the best way for us to accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.