- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: transfix.io
- Company Address: 498 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10018, US
About TransfixPowering the future of freight.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to help us build world-class products that are driving a long-overdue disruption to the lynchpin of our global economy – the supply chain. At Transfix, we're transforming the freight industry by developing technology that provides automation solutions to an industry plagued by manual processes and excessive waste. In this role, you’ll work with our passionate, fun, and highly collaborative team to build, enhance, and streamline critical technology that is solving real-world problems every day.
Click this link to learn more about our team, our stack, and some insight into Life @ Transfix!
If the idea of transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment sounds exciting to you, please keep reading!
This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. Our headquarters is based in New York City, and we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
In this Role You Will:
- Build the core freight-management software platform that allows us to serve a variety of players in the freight transportation sector - from big-box retailers to mom and pop shops.
- Expand our existing products and APIs to serve new customer types and modes of transportation across the freight industry.
- Integrate our software with a variety of freight management APIs, automated shipping brokerages, and external data providers.
- Expand your experience working with industry best practices that include Continuous Deployment, automated testing (unit- and end-to-end), production monitoring, and alerting systems.
- Participate in blameless post-mortems and retrospectives that empower us to learn from failures and successes to improve team processes and software design.
- Our tech stack consists of GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, Typescript, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Snowflake. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like Datadog and Sentry.
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring:
- You have at least 4+ years of professional software engineering experience in a web context.
- You love writing clean and clear code - and you have hands-on experience with at least one of these back-end languages: Ruby, Python, Go, or Node.js.
- You have a developmental mindset - you’re continuously looking to improve as an engineer and welcome both scheduled and unscheduled constructive feedback.
- You feel that collaboration is key to a successful tech organization and actively seek to partner with Product Managers, Designers, and your fellow engineers.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality products and build confidence in the software you deploy using a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You participate in technical kick-off meetings about your work and others - you can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
What You can Expect from Transfix:
- This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. However, we value real-time collaboration in our teams and are prioritizing candidates in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
- We are offering a market competitive salary depending on experience level, scope, and geographic location, which includes base salary as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. About half of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity and inclusion every single day.
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice