- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 01/24/2023
- Website: brace.ai
- Company Address: 10000 Washington Blvd, Culver City, California 90232, US
- Salary Range: $125,000 - $150,000
The future of mortgage servicing.
Who We Are:
Brace is a Fintech unlocking wealth for you and future generations by disrupting the $32B mortgage servicing industry. We are on a mission to put people at the center of homeownership. Our solutions enhance the users’ experience by applying modern technology, providing the seamless transparency every person in the servicing ecosystem requires.
We are a bi-coastal New York & Los Angeles team of mission-driven professionals with proven track records of success. We believe the best ideas and actions come from passionate individuals with unique perspectives who are empowered and supported to shine.
About the Role
Brace is looking to change the relationship between Mortgage Servicers and homeowners to help homeowners build generational wealth for their families; your work will be a huge part of this mission. We love designers who are thoughtful, practical, collaborative, self-motivated and enjoy lifelong learning. As Senior UX Designer, you’ll be embedded cross-functionally with product leadership and engineering to facilitate user-driven discussions, make decisions and provide feedback in product planning and execution. This role is empowered to research, prioritize, prototype, and test product experiences, ensuring we’re building a product that adds value and usefulness to our existing and new customers.
You’re an accomplished UX designer with meaningful experience in banking, fintech, or complex business workflows with great user experience. You’re comfortable collaboratively leading UX research, ideation, and UI design and have a strong passion for shipping software that meaningfully impacts the business and its customers. You design holistic solutions for new features and integrate them with existing products while being an evangelist for the design process throughout the organization.
- Create and execute designs, both from a blank slate and within an existing system, shaping how design functions inside the company and in our design team.
- Design user narratives, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals and assets.
- Construct user interfaces within a design system and component library.
- Conduct UX research, and directly interface with our users to conduct interviews and data gathering to help the team make and validate decisions.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional research team to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses, and refine user experience decisions.
- Leverage internal analytical tools and customer research and feedback to identify and inform areas for iterative design and usability improvements.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
- Solicit feedback from... Well, everyone. This includes other product, subject matter experts, engineers, product marketing, sales, and customer support to create a seamless overall user experience.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure the highest quality implementation of the designs and objectives and own every aspect of the design.
- Document and communicate the rationale behind the intentions, decisions, and goals of proposed design solutions while incorporating constructive feedback through design iterations.
- Facilitate conversations on improving product features by articulating UX/UI tradeoffs in product requirement specifications.
- Stay ahead of UI/UX trends and accessibility requirements.
Skills & Experience Required
- College degree, Bootcamp, or equivalent education/experience with 3+ years of experience in Product Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design.
- A resume and portfolio showcasing your experience and design process; problem-solving, decision making, iterating, ideating, and overall visual design.
- Effective communicator who can articulate design decisions and incorporate feedback. Ability to seek out and give impactful, candid feedback with generosity, humility, and respect.
- Proven expertise in the user-centered design process, particularly data productization and data visualization design skills.
- Knowledge of current design tools, including Figma and Zeplin, with the ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Experience abstracting narrow design decisions into broad, reusable design patterns across multiple software products, including component and variant patterns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain evidence-based design decisions for review by product stakeholders and implementation by engineering.
- Attention to detail with strong visual skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- An understanding of the purpose of prototyping as a means to explore and validate design concepts and solutions.
- Experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, B2B SaaS experience is an advantage.
- Experience with the creation of design systems and componentization.
- Experience working in Fintech or banking is a plus.
- We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. We want you to apply anyway.
The salary range for this role is $125,000 - $150,000 per year to commensurate with experience and skillset + equity and benefits. The salary range of the same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of New York City.
- Candidate must be U.S. based.
- Visa sponsorship is not offered for this role.