- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: vida.com
- Company Address: 100 Montgomery St, Suite 750, San Francisco, California 94104, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Vida HealthVida
Delivering lasting behavior change and health outcomes to chronic conditions.
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to Vida's SVP of Payer & Provider Sales, the VP Sales - Payer is a high profile role responsible for driving growth of Vida’s Payer segment. This individual will seek new client partnerships nationwide, with a focus on Commercial self-insured business with large regional and national payers. They will build and manage the entire business development pipeline, building relationships with executive stakeholders across regional and national health plans. Initially, this will be an individual contributor role; however, this individual will also contribute to payer strategy and collaborate across the organization on new market opportunities and product development initiatives.
Possessing a strong understanding of the healthcare marketplace and the challenges payers face across Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid lines of business, this sales leader will identify and secure new partnerships with various players in the space. They must be a credible leader and possess the knowledge and sales skills to engage with clinical and business executives at health plans, consultants, and employers. The VP Sales - Payer will be passionate about our mission of providing high-quality, cost-effective healthcare outcomes at scale.
- Responsible for increasing the customer base, top-line financial growth for the business
- Generate new business and sales leads through a mixture of lead generation, networking, marketing campaign follow-up, and inbound inquiries
- Support and drive RFPs for health plans, building on Vida’s strong repository and success with RFPs
- Understand target customer’s business needs, leveraging consultative skill-set to develop customized proposals and pitch materials
- Initiate, develop, and maintain strong executive and decision maker-level relationships
- Support operational and strategic efforts to build and grow our business across the health plan marketplace
- Support Vida’s value-based reimbursement strategy, evolving our fee-for-outcomes based model
- Work closely with the sales, product, clinical, and account management teams, building internal relationships to support sales pursuits
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Vida’s technology, product offerings, and mission, contributing to all three equally
- Ensure a long-term competitive edge for the business through a value-added approach to prospects and customers
- Understand key and emerging market segments and the business drivers for each; help refine positioning as needed
- 10+ years of experience with both direct and indirect business development within the healthcare industry, and a history of overachieving on sales targets
- Experience and understanding of the healthcare, value-based reimbursement, and Commercial payer lines of business
- Experience closing deals with payers, working with clinical and executive stakeholders
- Experience with top tier management consulting firm or other consulting preferred
- Action-oriented leader who self-starts and motivates others; individual who enjoys thinking about things in new ways and executing accordingly; thrives in a high-growth environment
- History of executing complex deals throughout the healthcare marketplace for a range of clients
- Relationship-oriented, people-centric contributor; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
- Demonstrates strong aptitude to work in a rapidly changing, start-up environment
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida app
- New hire home office stipend
- Training and leadership development programs
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly team-based connection opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.