- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: transfix.io
- Company Address: 498 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10018, US
About TransfixPowering the future of freight.
Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
Here at Transfix, we are not only building incredible technology to help solve some of the world’s biggest, most complex, and most important challenges in the freight and logistics industry; We are also helping protect our environment and are passionate about making the world a better place by increasing sustainability and eliminating the extreme amount of waste that currently exists in our industry.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Transfix works with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
About the Role:
Transfix is looking for a Freight Broker to join our incredible and growing Carrier Operations team. In this role, you’ll work directly with the core and lifeblood of our business- our carriers and drivers to help them most effectively pick up and move freight - critical goods and commodities that we all rely on every day. This role is heavily focused on building strong, trusting relationships through customer service, strong negotiation, and problem-solving skills. There is never a dull moment in this role, as our Freight Brokers juggle tons of tasks simultaneously.
If you’re currently a freight broker or similar, the kind of person who’s at your best when juggling multiple priorities at once, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a knack for forming strong relationships through honest, direct, and transparent communication and trust-building, and you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, please keep reading!
*Note: This position will be in office 5 days/week during training, and will shift to a hybrid 3 days/week in-office role afterwards.
In this Role You Will:
- Be the primary point of contact and face of Transfix for our carriers
- Source, develop, and manage a high volume of relationships with carriers, engaging anywhere from 90-130+ carriers daily
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, engaging in hundreds of fast-paced transactions per day while still keeping an eye towards stellar customer service and relationship building
- Develop long standing, trusting relationships with carriers to increase freight volume (and over time, lessen carrier volume)
- Coach and train new carriers and drivers on how to best use the Transfix platform to help them improve their performance and increase their productivity and profits
- Collaborate with key carriers to help them grow their businesses with Transfix, ensuring that they are maximizing our products, services, and offerings to their full potential
- Utilize keen negotiation skills to ensure we’re moving freight at the optimal cost for our carriers, while also being able to handle challenging situations such as pushback, rejection, and other various customer service-related challenges
- Partner with our customer experience team to manage issue escalations that come with the day to day moving of freight, understanding what issues require escalation and routing to the appropriate parties as needed
- Be expected to work up to four weekends per year (in exchange, you’ll of course receive weekdays off around those days to ensure a 5 day work week!)
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring:
- You have 2+ years of Carrier Sales or Freight Brokerage experience
- You are comfortable dealing with regular situational ambiguity
- You love working with people and building meaningful relationships
- At the same time, you’re a strong critical, analytical thinker, and love solving complex problems
- You possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills that you use to collaborate across a wide variety of partners & stakeholders at all levels
- You are organized and manage your time efficiently. You are at your best when you’re juggling multiple priorities at once
- You understand the principles of strong customer service and know that active listening and asking the right questions is just as important as having the answers
- You are most happy when going above and beyond for a customer, and when things go wrong, enjoy the challenge of diffusing tough situations
- You are resilient and are always seeking constructive feedback; you are driven to learn and grow every single day
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience via the school of hard knocks
- Bonus Points if you are bilingual in Spanish and/or Russian.
What You can Expect from Transfix
- This position will be 100% in office for training, and following the training period will be a hybrid 3 days in office, 2 days remote role.
- We are offering a market competitive salary depending on experience level, scope, and geographic location, as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
- We expect that you'll want to be in the office, as we've got an incredibly energetic, collaborative, and fun culture there!
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. About half of our executive Leadership team, including our CEO, is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity and inclusion every single day.
- Note: If you are looking for a salary outside of this range, but this role looks exciting to you, we still encourage you to apply. We are growing quickly here at Transfix and may have other roles that could be aligned for your skillset opening very soon!
Are you concerned that you don't meet every job requirement? Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification, and we know that companies that welcome diversity are 170% more innovative. At Transfix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply! You may be more aligned than you think for this role, or a great fit for other roles here.
Transfix is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our hiring, programming, and in our work both internally and externally. We recognize how critical diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are to achieving our mission, our growth, and our success. In support of this commitment, some of our focuses include (but are not limited to):
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Transfix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Transfix are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. It is Transfix’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Transfix does not and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Transfix encourages applicants of all ages.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.