- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: transfix.io
- Company Address: 498 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10018, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
About TransfixPowering the future of freight.
About the Role:
Transfix is on an exciting growth path, and we are looking for a motivated Accounts Receivable Analyst to join our Finance team. This person will play an integral role in keeping our business on track, assuring that all of our invoices are paid on time, discrepancies in invoices are resolved, past due balances are low, and maintaining strong relationships with internal / external customers.
If you love working with people, enjoy collecting money, and want to be part of a passionate, kind, and dynamic team within a fast-growing innovative company, please read on!
In this Role You Will:
- Manage collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, researching and resolving invoice discrepancies, and ensuring invoices are paid timely based on terms
- Analyze aging reports to identify trends and patterns causing missed collections
- Collaborate with our Sales, Account Managers, and Tech team to solve problems identified
- Report status of accounts including providing collection statuses and bad debt write-offs, and highlight any potential exposure issues
- Ensure all processes are in place and followed to adhere to shipper’s invoicing requirements
You're a Great Fit for this Role if you Bring:
- A strong knowledge of Excel (filtering, vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Experience with Accounts Receivable software, processes, and/or systems
- A proactive mindset; you're not afraid to raise issues and sharing ideas for continuous improvement
- An ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and flexibility. You are always thinking about process improvement (automated or manual) that will improve efficiency
- An acumen for relationship building, with a customer-service mindset
- Expert time management skills; you have a keen sense of how to prioritize in a way that helps you work smarter
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- A passion for working with a collaborative team, but the ability to work autonomously as needed
- A love for collecting money!
You're a Mile Ahead if You Have (You'll gain these here if you don't have these skills already!):
- Experience within the tech, freight, logistics and/or supply chain industry
- NetSuite experience is a plus
What You Can Expect from Transfix:
- This hybrid role currently requires one day a week (Wednesdays) spent in the office weekly for team collaboration and career development, though this may change in the future.
- We are offering a salary between $50,000 and $60,000 per year depending on experience level, as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
- This role is Non-Exempt, so you will be paid for any overtime work (over 40 hours).
- We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately half of our Executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity and inclusion every single day.
Note: If you are looking for a salary outside of this range, but this role looks exciting to you, we still encourage you to apply. We are growing quickly here at Transfix and may have other roles that could be aligned for your skillset opening very soon!
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice