- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: transfix.io
- Company Address: 498 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10018, US
- Salary Range: $300,000 - $375,000
About TransfixPowering the future of freight.
About the Role:
Transfix is on an exciting growth path as we disrupt a $300 billion industry with our unparalleled intelligent freight technology. We are looking for a Chief Financial Officer to continue to take our business to the next level. Reporting directly to our Co-Founder and CEO, this role will play an integral part in driving the overall strategic direction of our growing business with full oversight of our finance functions including financial management, accounting, treasury, and overall strategy.
In this role, you will drive our business forward internally and externally as we continue to take Transfix to the next level through our current stage of growth.
The ideal candidate has over a decade of progressive strategic finance experience within late stage startups, with a deep understanding of, and experience leading and navigating successful growth and exit strategies, whether IPO, acquisition, or other means. This role is ideal for you if you’re a strong coach and mentor who loves to get into the weeds, but can also confidently engage with executives and Board members to share a compelling vision.
We are seeking an operational Finance leader who can lead a highly complex, data-driven financial organization day to day while also thinking strategically for the long term. We have a high bar for talent, and expect our executives to lead and build best-in-class teams as we continue to disrupt a massive, traditional industry. If this sounds like you, please keep reading!
*Note: This position will be a hybrid role based out of our New York, NY office, with an expectation of 2-3 days in office per week.
In this Role You Will
- As a member of Transfix’s executive leadership team, work with executive peers and board members to develop strategies around short, mid, and long-term financial and business sustainability and success
- Oversee finance, accounting, budget management, tax and compliance
- Help lead fundraising and/or debt financing efforts, working closely with the executive team; manage ongoing relationships with lending/financial institutions
- Help develop company roadmap around exit strategies, whether M&A, IPO, or other means
- Lead all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, working closely with the executive team to plan for key revenue and cost drivers
- Manage cash flow and oversee accounting operations such as account receivables, account payables, payroll, and other functions
- Evaluate, manage, and further develop and improve accounting systems, reporting and policies to ensure compliance and accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Oversee and further develop and improve financial reporting infrastructure to enable strategic decisions, maintain ongoing analysis and performance tracking for the executive team and Transfix at large
- Effectively lead and collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product, Pricing, Data & Analytics, Engineering, and other teams
- Partner with legal and client development to align on contractual terms
- Lead and continue to build and develop a world-class finance and accounting team
- Prepare and present financials to the company, board members and key stakeholders
- Manage and support tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes
- Partner closely with our external accounting firm to manage and support audit processes
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring
- 15+ years of related, progressive experience, with at least 7+ years of experience overseeing all aspects of finance and accounting in a strategic leadership role
- A track record of creating and executing a sustainable financial strategy while partnering with operational and sales teams
- Proven track record of successfully managing and building high performing teams; one of your super powers is training and developing talent to tap into their full potential
- Experience working closely with Boards and presenting internally and externally
- Experience scaling a mid or late-stage startup up through a successful exit
- Significant experience developing strategy for and managing treasury and cash flow management functions in a B2B or similar atmosphere
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced, scrappy environment
- A keen eye for detail and precision, with the ability to roll up your sleeves and step into the weeds when needed
- Experience with financing, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), and investor relations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to think both strategically and drive fast-paced execution
- Resourcefulness and a bias toward innovation, lifelong learning, and continuous improvement
- Intellectual curiosity: we are disrupting a highly complex industry with a two sided, fragmented marketplace, and we need someone who can drive in and learn our complexities quickly, and enjoy it.
- Humility and a collaborative mindset: you’re more about getting it than being right
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; MBA nice to have, but not required
What You can Expect from Transfix
- This role pays a base salary between $300,000 and $375,000 per year depending on experience level, a target ~20% annual cash bonus, as well as long-term equity in Transfix.
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, flexible PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately 40% of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice every single day.
Note: If you are looking for a salary outside of this range, but this role looks exciting to you, we still encourage you to apply. We may have other opportunities aligned for your background.
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice