- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: transfix.io
- Company Address: 498 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10018, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
About TransfixPowering the future of freight.
About the Role:
Transfix is looking for a motivated Accounts Payable Analyst to join our Finance team. In this role you will play an integral role in keeping our business on track, assuring that all of our shipments are paid in a timely manner, updating financial data for shipments, and maintaining strong relationships with the backbone of our business - our carriers. This role is really a blend of Customer Service and Accounts Payable, so if you love working with people, enjoy keeping organized reconciliations, and want to be part of a passionate, kind, and dynamic team within a fast growing innovative company, this may be the perfect role for you. Please read on!
In this Role You Will:
- Maintain first class customer service for carriers & factors reaching out on all payment questions
- Audit and approve proof of delivery paperwork
- Manage payable activities ensuring payments are made correctly and timely
- Analyze aging reports to identify open payables and action accordingly
- Collaborate with our Carrier Managers, Tech team, & outsources teams to identify & solve problems
- Act as an escalation point of audit of proof of deliveries as well as serve as point of contact for offshore teams
- Manage incoming inquiry/shipment update tickets via a ticketing system to ensure all are completely timely and accurate.
- Identify gaps and areas of improvements as well as ensure there are no past due Accounts Payable accounts.
- Take pride in learning our internal processes to develop a strong understanding of them.
- Develop a deeper understanding of, and become an expert in, Transfix financial systems and processes; provide consultations and assistance to internal stakeholders as needed
Note: This position is a hybrid role based out of our New York, NY office. The team currently comes in one day per week (Wednesdays), but the number of in-office days may change in the future.
How You Know this Role is For You:
- You have at least 6+ months of accounting experience
- You have high emotional intelligence (EQ) and a proven ability to navigate challenging situations while maintaining a strong customer service mindset
- You have basic Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- You are obsessively detail-oriented and have a meticulous approach to your work: you take pride in letting nothing slip through the cracks
- You are adaptable, able to multitask and meet deadlines and build strong working relationships with cross functional teams both internally and externally
- You are open to learning new things (systems, processes, ways of working, etc.), able to handle multiple priorities, willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You are scrappy with a self-starter mindset, and you are not afraid to ask questions!
- You possess a passion for process improvement and are always in investigation mode as you enjoy looking for opportunities to drive more efficiency, streamline processes, and get more output for your input
- You are willing to work at least one day per week in office (currently Wednesdays) at our Manhattan HQ and understand this can change as business needs evolve
You’re a Mile Ahead if You Have (You'll gain these skills when you get here if not!):
- Experience within the tech, freight, logistics and/or supply chain industry is a plus - this role is unique!
- Netsuite or an ERP system experience is not required but a huge plus!
What You can Expect from Transfix:
- This role pays a base salary between $50,000 and $55,000 per year depending on experience level, as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.**
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately 40% of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice every single day.
**Note: If you are looking for a salary outside of this range, but this role looks exciting to you, we still encourage you to apply. We are growing quickly here at Transfix and may have other roles that could be aligned for your skillset opening very soon!
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice