- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: transfix.io
- Company Address: 498 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10018, US
- Salary Range: $114,000 - $159,500
About TransfixPowering the future of freight.
Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
Here at Transfix, we are not only building incredible technology to help solve some of the world’s biggest, most complex, and most important challenges in the freight and logistics industry; We are also helping protect our environment and are passionate about making the world a better place by increasing sustainability and eliminating the extreme amount of waste that currently exists in our industry.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Transfix works with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Transfix is on an exciting growth path and is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Data Warehouse team. A key area of focus for our business is the creation and delivery of purpose-specific data marts, and in this role you’ll work closely with Data leadership to provide the tactical execution needed to deliver on this crucial area of our business. You’ll partner closely with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of the Transfix business, gather functional requirements for data marts, and develop business process optimization and data flow documentation. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of use case methodology for requirements definition and a demonstrated history of creating clear and thorough documentation.
If you’re a data professional who is a strong communicator of both technical and non-technical information, have experience building business process documentation, and you possess excellent data collection and analysis skills, then please keep reading!
In this Role You Will
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and other functional leaders across Transfix to understand and document the flow of existing business and data processes
- Create Business Process and Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams and System Documentation to support functional reporting needs
- Elicit requirements for the development of functional Data Marts across different areas of the business
- Translate business needs into technical requirements while optimizing existing implementations and helping to debug reported issues
- Partner closely with Data Warehouse leadership on the prioritization and project management for the Data Warehouse roadmap
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if You Bring
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Technical Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst or similar position
- Experience with requirements gathering, creating documentation and business process elicitation
- Knowledge of use case methodology for requirements definition
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel and business information to technical personnel alike
- Knowledge of software methodologies and how it drives design approaches and techniques
- Proven ability to perform analysis with limited supervision
- Strong data collection and analytical skills
- A strong understanding of how data relationships work and how data moves - from ingestion through ETL / ELT to data presentation
- Experience working in agile environments, and these environments are where you thrive
You’re Miles Ahead if you Bring
- Exposure to various tools within the data workflow such as DBT, Airflow, FiveTran (extra bonus for having hands on experience with any of these tools!)
- Experience with cloud database tech (Snowflake preferred)
- The ability to write basic SQL queries
What You can Expect from Transfix
- This role is 100% remote, however we have offices in New York, NY and Atlanta, GA, so if you live near these places, you're welcome to come in as you'd like.
- Our Product/Data salary bands for the two levels being considered for this role are based on the NYC market, and range from $114,000-$159,500 per year. Leveling and compensation will be based on breadth and depth of technical knowledge (based in part by interview performance), career experience, scope of projects and responsibilities, and geographic location.
- We also offer Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix to all employees.
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately 40% of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity and inclusion every single day.
**Note: If you are looking for a salary outside of this range, but this role looks exciting to you, we still encourage you to apply. We are growing quickly here at Transfix and may have other roles that could be aligned for your skillset opening very soon!
Are you concerned that you don't meet every job requirement? Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification, and we know that companies that welcome diversity are 170% more innovative. At Transfix, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply! You may be more aligned than you think for this role, or a great fit for other roles here.
Transfix is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our hiring, programming, and in our work both internally and externally. We recognize how critical diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are to achieving our mission, our growth, and our success. In support of this commitment, some of our focuses include (but are not limited to):
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Transfix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Transfix are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. It is Transfix’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Transfix does not and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Transfix encourages applicants of all ages.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.