- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: www.vendia.net
- Company Address: , San Francisco, CA
- Salary Range: $180,000 - $230,000
The leading real-time data cloud, offering the fastest & most scalable way to share operational data across data silos, clouds & partners.
At Vendia, we care deeply about an exceptional user experience. We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who will put users first and build products and features that delight them. In this role, you will discover customer needs and then own and drive vertical solutions for them, built on the Vendia Share Platform. You will work collaboratively across teams to define and prioritize easy to use product features that enable a delightful user experience to drive revenue, adoption, and usage. You’ll partner with customers to understand and empathize with their needs. You’ll partner with engineering to ensure usability, performance, and availability are delivered along with amazing features. You’ll partner with Marketing and Sales to define persona segmentation and customer journeys and to produce compelling collateral for customers, conduct field training and execute go-to-market plays.
Successful candidates for this role will be excited about the prospect of helping data teams and developers solve the challenges of creating mission-critical applications that operate on-scale data that crosses company and cloud boundaries. A deep empathy for end user and buyer challenges is a must, balanced with a strategic understanding of Vendia’s business objectives. Demonstrated experience in eliciting enterprise customer needs and translating them into solutions in a cloud setting is a hard requirement. Candidates have successfully defined and launched one or more customer-facing products over the course of their careers. Candidates must possess a proactive approach to customer and developer outreach with a large degree of external interaction and ecosystem development, as well as deep technical insights that enable them to understand, define, and specify new features at the underlying platform level to meet their customers’ needs.
We are a virtual company seeking employees who can operate within US time zones.
As Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Designing New Products and Features - You bring a broad and deep comprehension of user personas and user needs in the enterprise software market for large scale systems. Your ability to rapidly understand customer needs and translate them into product experiences enables you to successfully capture market opportunities, and your technical experience enables you to translate those opportunities into products and features that solve real-world problems. You understand and think through the end-to-end customer user experience in crafting a product strategy. In particular, you take a product led growth mindset that stems from deep understanding of the user/developer persona and consistently build delightful APIs and UI/UX for this persona. Your technical background enables you to understand, conceptualize, and specify detailed outcomes that help customers build multi-party and multi-cloud applications that share data in real time, automating key workflows within their business networks.
- Go-to-Market - You have a keen intuition and understanding of developer personas, buyer personas, buyer journeys, and purchasing motivations, and you can translate those into pricing structures, demand generation, and selling tactics that enable sales to be successful in achieving revenue targets. You use data-driven insights to drive your understanding, inform executive leadership, and continuously optimize your product and go-to-market strategies. You will launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly.
- Collateral Creation and Presentation - Your deep understanding of Vendia’s products and technical capabilities enables you to quickly create world-class, customer-facing collateral for all pipeline stages from early awareness through late-stage sales enablement. Specifically, you have a demonstrated ability to create award-winning products and developer experiences with associated collateral that speaks directly to enterprise developers and that empowers the sales and marketing teams.
- Feedback and Evangelism - You obsess over customer experience and actively solicit feedback that you use to outpace and outdesign the competition to tailor solutions towards customer delight. You passionately evangelize to businesses and developers alike. You readily meet and routinely exceed adoption and usage growth expectations and enjoy learning how creative applications of your products can lead to additional opportunities. You listen carefully for unmet needs and monetization opportunities.
- Industry Awareness - You have a deep and broad understanding of cloud infrastructure, SaaS, security and privacy, development and operations, and distributed systems, and are ready to deploy that knowledge and experience on day 1 here. You are constantly evaluating and learning about new technologies, competitors, approaches, and customer needs. You actively blog, speak, and use social media to establish and promote your products, point of view, and the differentiated value proposition of the products and services you represent.
- 7+ years in a technical Product Management role that includes delivery and ownership of at least one cloud-based product with a developer focus.
- Must have managed commercial B2B software products in the cloud (SaaS/PaaS), including new feature releases in a high growth environment.
- Successful track record of crafting, building, and evangelizing APIs and UI/UX for an enterprise developer persona and engaging customers in product roadmap review and construction.
- Deep understanding of at least one or more of the following areas:, APIs (GraphQL, REST), distributed ledgers, databases, serverless frameworks.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data-driven analysis to create, monitor, and drive decisions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent international degree, in Computer, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- MBA or equivalent job experience.
- Have owned revenue and adoption KPIs in the past and delivered successful results against them for multiple quarters.
- Early stage startup experience.
- Ability to influence key buyer personas and other stakeholders.
- Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors and individual qualifications. Our salary range for this position for full-time employees in the United States is $180,000 - $230,000.
- Our benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401 (k), Responsible Adults Paid Time Off Policy, paid holidays including Winter Break, and a home office setup stipend.
Vendia’s business blockchain facilitates secure, trusted, and controlled data exchange between multiple parties so enterprises can automate and accelerate data workflows across business networks. Some of the world’s biggest brands are already leveraging Vendia to bring strategic partners together and quickly build data applications that unlock revenue, innovation, and cost savings.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, backed by $50M in investment from top-tier investors. Vendia was founded by industry veterans, Dr. Tim Wagner, the inventor of Lambda serverless computing at Amazon Web Services and VP of Engineering at Coinbase, and Shruthi Rao who led go-to-market of Serverless and Blockchain at Amazon Web Services.
We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.