- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 05/22/2023
- Website: luminartech.com
- Company Address: , Orlando, FL
- Salary Range: $146,000 - $204,000
Pioneering the future of autonomous transportation.
Luminar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LAZR) is transforming automotive safety and autonomy by delivering the only lidar and associated software that meets the industry’s stringent performance, safety, and economic requirements. Luminar has rapidly gained over 50 industry partners, including a majority of the top global automotive OEMs. In 2020, Luminar signed the industry’s first production deal for autonomous consumer vehicles with Volvo Cars, which now expects to make Luminar’s technology part of the standard safety package on their next generation electric SUV. Additional customer wins include SAIC, Daimler Truck AG, Intel’s Mobileye, Pony.ai and Airbus UpNext. Founded in 2012, Luminar employs approximately 400 with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, and Munich.
For more information, please visit www.luminartech.com.
The Laser Systems Team Lead is a member of a multi-disciplinary design team developing laser solutions for range finding sensing systems for use in advanced vehicle platforms. The candidate will lead platform-level and program-level laser system development of innovative concepts developed by Luminar’s R&D team.
- Lead a cross-departmental team of optical, mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineers to develop next-generation lidar light sources
- Initiate robust assessment and concept selection of design alternatives
- Develop subassembly specifications
- Evaluate test methodologies to qualify electro-optic component and subsystem functionality
- Ensure test coverage to verify component and subsystem functionality
- Lead development of test hardware and software
- Provide technical interface to production suppliers
- BS or MS in STEM field
- 10+ years of experience in a laser development engineering role
- Design experience with fiber and laser diode packaging
- Demonstrated experience in design and qualification of products for high-volume manufacturing
- Experience with factory ramp and new product introduction
- Product design for use in harsh environmental conditions
- Experience with LiDAR
- Experience in the Automotive industry
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Problem solving experience such as 8D, Shainin RedX, etc.
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $146,000 and $204,000* per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.