- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 09/25/2023
- Website: watershed.ai
- Company Address: , Cambridge, MA
About WatershedWatershed Informatics is the first end-to-end bio-IT managed service provider.
We are seeking a hungry and results-driven Sales Lead to work hand-in-hand with our executive team to accelerate business growth. You will research accounts and MQLs provided by the marketing team to conduct highly customized and targeted direct outreach across a variety of channels. After engaging with a lead, you will explain our unique value proposition as it relates to their therapeutic modality and research strategy, conduct a needs assessment, determine pain points, requirements and expectations, and coordinate demos with our bioinformatics team that are tailored to the above considerations. You will own end-to-end sales operations, and will be responsible for closing new business, expanding existing contracts, and ensuring exceptional service across our sales and customer success efforts.
This role is ideal for candidates who are passionate about rolling up their sleeves and putting in the work to hit KPIs, and comes with an uncapped compensation structure and opportunity for rapid career advancement. The Sales Lead position is in-person at our Cambridge, MA headquarters, and occasional regional travel (e.g. sales conferences, community events) will be required for this role.
What you will do:
- Accelerate revenue growth—your KPI—by driving qualified leads into and through our sales funnel, which you will own and manage
- Generate independent industry leads leveraging market intelligence and collaboration with Watershed leadership
- Work both smart and hard - with executive team oversight, create and execute customized lead generation tactics, including direct outreach campaigns in LinkedIn, email, and phone; happy hours, industry dinners, and other in-person events that create fantastic first impressions of Watershed
- Research and meet with target accounts to understand their science, data types, workflow needs, current pain points, and product requirements
- Educate leads on our unique value proposition as it relates to their business needs in both sales calls and written communication, and collect data on their requirements and expectations
- Collaborate with the bioinformatics and marketing teams so that they can create customized pitches & demos, and coordinate lead demos
- Understand what questions or objections leads might have, and work tirelessly with bioinformatics/marketing to create clear, succinct, answers to them
What we are looking for:
- A relentless, results-driven self-starter who loves the thrill of the sales hunt and lives to close deals
- 2-5 yrs experience in a sales role (SDR, BDR, Sales Associate, Account Executive) in a SaaS and/or life sciences company
- Experience at an early-stage (<5M ARR) startup
- An exceptional listener who constantly works to build a deep, nuanced understanding of our customers and their unmet needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with emotional intelligence
- Bachelor’s in a life science discipline (e.g. biology, biomedical/biochemical engineering, biochemistry, bioinformatics, neuroscience, etc.) highly preferred
- Bench/life sciences experience in an academic or industry setting and/or graduate degree in life science discipline (nice to have, but not required)
- Competitive salary (base + uncapped commission) and equity package
- Employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) for you and your dependents
- Flexible PTO: we believe it’s important to take time off to rest and recharge
- Uber eats stipend when working
- Tremendous growth opportunity in a rewarding, supportive environment
Watershed is an equal-opportunity employer and believes diversity of all types is integral to company success. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.