- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 09/25/2023
- Website: watershed.ai
- Company Address: , Cambridge, MA
About WatershedWatershed Informatics is the first end-to-end bio-IT managed service provider.
Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis — from lab data to plot — with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Watershed Informatics is hiring an experienced full-stack Software Engineer to own new functionality on our omics research platform. We’re looking for engineers eager to weigh tradeoffs, solve real problems, and expand the capabilities of an enterprise software offering.
You’ll work side-by-side with fellow engineers, bioinformaticians, and our VP to expand controls on our notebook interface and improve customer access to enterprise grade infrastructure. We expect you’re comfortable (to an extent) with some combination of React, TypeScript, and Python, and that you’re excited to build software that will help biologists discover precision medicines faster.
We are currently focused on mid-senior level, experienced engineers. To us, this means 2-7 years of experience designing and writing software that solves tough problems in a rigorous engineering environment.
- Design and build web applications with the latest web technologies
- Create intuitive and well-polished user interfaces
- Work closely with a designer and engineering members to iterate on platform design and functionality
- Integrate with and implement backend API’s to create new UI features
- 2-7 years of experience with some of the following frontend technologies: React, GraphQL, Apollo, Typescript
- 2-7 years of experience with a modern backend language. We use Python.
- Solid understanding of core UX and design principles
- Industry experience with building single page applications